Welcome and Hello: This blog is still under construction at this time, hopefully it will grow and get better as I have the time to do it. I have fallen into the Leukemia Labyrinth or the maze of CLL and MBL. This blog is mostly for myself . Thanks for coming and please leave a comment.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Finding Programs and Contacts



It is very reassuring to talk to others who are going through similar situations and you can also learn about what free educational and support programs are offered by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  They have local offices listed on their website.  This is the one that is close to where I live in British Columbia.  There are offices all over Canada and the U.S.

This is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 
Vancouver Office:
1682 West 7th Avenue Suite 310 
Vancouver, BC V6J 4S6
(604) 733-2873 (phone) 




They will be able to tell you about what progams are near to the area where you live.  They probably will put you through to the Patient Education and Support Manager.  The lady I was put through to was so amazing and helpful. I highly recommend contacting them right away as soon as you are diagnosed.  There are more links that she can give you.  I can't put them on here. There are some wonderful support people that she knows.


This probably is the best contact I can give you to start out. Please do not be hesitant to call them. They can call you back so the cost is nil. If you do nothing else at all, this is the one call to make. They will email a lot of info to you and spend a long time counselling you on the phone.  Call whatever office is close to your home.
This is the link to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society website in Canada.  This is the link to the American Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.


There also may be a Cancer Agency in your city and they will also be able to direct you to support and educational material. Remember to reach out.  This is a link to the Canadian Cancer Society.     This is a link to the B.C. Cancer Agency. Have a great day!

24 comments:

  1. I would be so happy if you would leave a comment note for me. cheers, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent idea and I know will be very helpful for those who are battling this also. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie. All the best.

      Delete
  3. I read your story. Devastating as the news of leukemia must be I can totally understand why blogging about it came to mind. Sharing a personal health experience can help so many others in an important way and act as a diary. I will be dropping by often to see how things progress and wish you the very best of care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penelope, Hope you keep checking in on me. Yes, for me it is a diary.

      Delete
  4. It does take time to get noticed on new blogs. Perhaps register with Bloglovin site to get on the list there. Perhaps find other likeminded blogs like yours and once you find them, follow them. My painting blog has some followers but hardly any comments there. I am trying though and you need patience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, good ideas there. I do go to your painting blog. Thanks for coming to visit.

      Delete
  5. It is hard to get a new blog going....... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MIchelle, I wonder if I should move it to another host. I think Nature Notes is going very well.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nora. I just came from your other blog and want to say I so admire you for meeting this challenge head-on! Sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie! Great to see you here! Bloggers always give me positive thoughts. Some of the nicest people are bloggers.

      Delete
  7. Hello Nora, I am so happy you started this blog, It could help others that have the same illness.. I wish you all the best, sending my hugs and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen. I appreciate your comment greatly. I think this blog will become my diary, so I have a record of what illness I have and what stage I am in. It is a good way for me to keep a record of what I am going through.

      Delete
  8. Hey, Nora, I wish you all the best with getting this blog up and going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much to my wonderful group of bloggers! I think EGCameraGirl and I have been blogging together for many many years! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  9. Hi Nora,
    Popping over from your other blog. I think blogging helps us cope with what is going on in our lives. It's good to connect with others in the same boat, and also it's a good forum for letting friends and family know your status.

    Good luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks so much for the comment and for the visit. Yes I find this is the best way for me to keep track of everything, all my links, and feeds and also I can use it as a diary so I can keep track of it all and organize it. I am going to change it up a bit now that I have the basic stuff done.

      Delete
  10. Glad to see comments are appearing. Don't give up on this blog as I imagine it is going to provide a lifeline for someone with all this valuable advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fun60! This is so wonderful that all my bloggers came over. I was going to give up on this blog but will continue on just as a way to keep a record for myself of how I am feeling.

      Delete
  11. Beautifully illustrated Nora.
    All the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roy! Thanks so much! I am really happy everyone came to visit me! This blog feels more personal now that I have had some friends stop by. I have the basic blog set up now. From now on I am just going to put in how I am feeling and how things are progressing for me.

      Delete
  12. The comment box was not working the whole time so very few people could leave comments. I have changed it to the popup box to see if that works. Other than changing how it appears there is no way to alter the comment box html. I hope this works. I use comment moderation so that may be the problem. Please try to leave a comment so I can see if it works nowl. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogs are ALWAYS under construction, I suppose.

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Roger, that is true, we are always under construction with Blogger and Google. I remember back in the day before Google bought Blogger, lots of changes every day. Lots of things to learn and challenging to keep up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Comment Moderation is on so it will not show up right away. It shows up after I read it. I have been having problems with the comments as readers have told me that they leave comments that do not show up. So please leave me one so I can see if it is working. Thanks for coming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...